Tomorrow it’s officially September – where did the time go? It’s pretty much time to say goodbye to Summer and embrace the rain and cold. Personally Autumn is my favourite season and I am always my happiest during it, so I am so ready. This is a pretty last minute post but I thought I’d list all the things I’m looking forward to this season:
- Feeling warm and cosy – wrapping yourself in a blanket on the sofa watching films. The best is watching a series of films so you can watch a movie a day e.g. Harry Potter and dare I say it… the Twilight Saga.
- Turning the radiators on – accepting the cold and finally cranking the heat up. In my home I’m always the one doing this when no one’s looking haha.
- Candles – lighting candles makes any room feel cosier and I’m all about buying autumnal scented candles.
- Dark nights – some people like that in Summer the evenings stay lighter for longer, but I personally prefer when it gets darker earlier. Being able to see the moon and the stars is always the best.
- Wearing hats, gloves and scarves but still having a cold face from the wind. There’s just something so refreshing about this feeling that I love.
- The Autumn sun – warm but not hot, what’s not to like?
- Carving pumpkins and dressing up for Halloween – this is a lot funner at uni and I’m so excited for it again this year!
- Autumn leaves – trees always look their best with their autumn colours – fact.
- Wearing turtle necks – turtle necks are my favourite type of jumper lol I loooove them. The colder weather means they can become a daily piece in my wardrobe and it’s about time.
- And finally… my birthday ! Probably the main reason why I love the season but I am always sooo excited for my birthday, it’s definitely better than Christmas hehe
What are you looking forward to in the next few months?
Thank you for reading,