I love Christmas.
But what I love more than Christmas itself, is the run up to the big day. The whole of advent. Every year I get overly excited long before the 25th. But this year uni deadlines are getting me down and I’m more excited to finish uni for the year than I am for Christmas. So I thought I’d make a list of all the things I want to do in December to get me feeling more festive.
- Go to a BIG Christmas market – I’ve already been to the Sheffield Christmas market but I want more. I want to go to a big city one with a carousel! I’ve heard lots about the Leeds and Manchester ones so hopefully one of these is on the cards.
- Go ice skating – I’ve only been ice skating once in my life and that was when I was 12/13. I’m desperate to see if I’m any good at it and to remember what it feels like.
- Do secret Santa – I’m a strong lover of secret santa. So far no opportunities for it have occurred, so this may mean forcing my siblings into doing one with me haha!
- Have a Christmas meal with my housemates – yum! Roast dinners are few and far between when you go to uni and any opportunity for one needs to be taken, okay?
- Complete a jigsaw – this is something I do every year. You can’t beat a good jigsaw at christmas time – the more pieces the better!
- Buy a real Christmas tree – this is a hard once as my mum is a fan of plastic so we’ll see…
- Decorate said tree.
- Taste a sprout – I’ve lived for 20 years avoiding sprouts so I think it’s time I actually taste one.
- Spend as much time with my family as possible – the boxing day tradition with all the Camerons and seeing my cousins from Cardiff.
- REST UP – 2016 has been exhausting, so I want to enter the new year refreshed and ready to go!
So there you have it. My slightly short bucket list for the month.
What are your plans for December?
Thank you for reading,