It’s that time of year again.
2017 is right around the corner. Time to think about what it is you want to change. How can you make the new year better than the last? Like a lot of people, 2016 was a pretty sad year for me. And so in 2017 I really want to focus on being the best version of myself as I can be and to prioritise my own happiness. But before we delve into my goals, I’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has supported my blog in 2016, whether that be through sharing it, leaving comments or simply reading it. As I wrote in my first blog post (which you can read here), this blog was something I had tried to start numerous times before and finally I went for it and stuck with it. So I guess that’s my main achievement of 2016!
Anyways, here are a few goals I’ve set for 2017:
- Leave the UK! At the age of 20 years old, I am still yet to get further away from England than Wales. Don’t get me wrong, I have always wanted to travel to different countries and explore more of the world, but the opportunity never really presented itself to me. So instead of waiting for it, I’m going to make it happen. Look forward to travel posts to follow…
- Join the gym – lol. Stereotypical I know but I’m actually craving exercise lately. I miss the feeling of completing a workout which you really couldn’t be bothered to do but now it’s over and you did it! And in the words of Elle Woods – ‘Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t.’.
- Learn to drive. I have only had one driving lesson in my life and I thought 2016 would be the year I finally got into it but no. 2017 it is! Even if this means taking a crash course – I will learn to drive by the time Summer ends. Being able to drive is a freedom I am keen to have and the sooner I learn the better, right?
- Read 12 books. As mentioned in my post about what I read in summer, I really struggle to get into books even though I used to love to read. So again I’m making it a little goal to read one book a month which was actually really challenging last Summer so we’ll see!
- Give back. This year I want to do more for charity whether that be donating or volunteering as tbh you can never do too much. One thing in particular I want to do and have been too scared to is to donate blood. This was again something I wanted to do in 2016. But you have to wait 4 months after getting new piercings before you can donate – who knew? So now the 4 months are up, I am ready to go if I can just get over the nerves…
So there are 5 goals of mine for 2017 which I hope will lead to a better, happier year.
What are your resolutions?
Thank you for reading,
Follow my blog with Bloglovin