(And any other day…)
I’ve been meaning to write this blog post for the past week. But typically I’m writing it the day before Valentine’s day. Wow. So prepared! I’ve never really been fussed about Valentine’s day. But it’s definitely something which I think is nice to celebrate even though I’ve not done so before. And in 2017 I think it’s safe to say self-love is more highly acknowledged and appreciated. I’m a huge advocate for treating yourself and what better day than Valentine’s. So let’s spend this Valentine’s day loving ourselves and doing what we want to do. This is our day.
So here are a few ideas of things to do this Valentine’s:
- Give yourself a fresh manicure
- Put on that bold lipstick you’re always too afraid to wear
- Treat YO SELF! – buy the box of chocolates you want!
- Buy yourself a plant – they last longer and you can nurture and watch them grow
- Watch your favourite movie on Netflix or binge watch tv all day
- Order that Deliveroo* you’re always thinking about – (you can use my code lindac1824 for £5 off your first order if you want lol)
- Or get your free sub from subway when you buy a large drink on Valentine’s day loool – the deal I’ve been living for lets be real
- Run yourself a bath (I wish I had one at uni boo!)
- Wash your hair, put on clean pjs and clean bedding – the best feeling!
- Proceed to take a nap
- Go shopping – buy yourself something nice and don’t feel guilty about it
- Work out in the gym – feel the burn
- Or just go for a walk outside
- Spritz yourself with your favourite perfume and feel confident all day
- Tidy your room and bask in the cleanliness
- Call, text, facetime your parents/siblings/bff
- Explore where you live
- Sit down and read a book with a nice hot drink
- Write a list of all the things you love to do
- And finally sign up to Coppafeel! and CHECK YOUR BOOBIES!
is a charity which raises awareness for early detection of breast cancer. Within my university I am a representation for Coppafeel! and it is a charity I am very passionate about. They help to educate people on the signs and symptoms to look for and encourage monthly self breast checks. This is important for both women and men – 400 men are diagnosed with breast cancer every year! The earlier it’s detected the better. If you’d like to sign up for monthly text reminders – text UBT Hallam to 70500 – it’s free! To me looking after yourself is the highest and most important form of self love. You got dis.
Doing any of those things would be a day well spent & needless to say I’m looking forward to tomorrow. (Especially for the sub omg).
Thank you for reading,