Whilst looking through my blog Archives for some inspiration, I noticed this time last year I posted a couple of A/W themed list posts. You may remember the 10 things I love about Autumn followed by the 10 things I hate about Winter haha. I love a good list post and since I’m still yet to write one for the new season this year, here we are!
I say it all the time, but once it gets to September it’s officially the start of my favourite time of the year. And there are a few things I do almost ritually every time the months get colder. It’s tradition!
- Rereading all of the Harry Potter books – to me I could watch the films anytime, any place. But the books are always reserved for autumn and winter only. And like I said in my last book post, I love to crack the spines leaving them looking a lil’ worse for wear. These are the only books I’ll be taking with me back to uni lol
- Becoming a hermit addicted to a new tv series – last year was Gilmore Girls, perfect for Autumnal vibes btw! Who knows what it’ll be this year…
- Buying a nice new winter coat. Coats are one my favourite pieces of clothing, so to try and control my love, I limit myself to only one new coat a year. I still wear the one I bought 5 years ago!
- Becoming obsessed with all things cosy. Think candles, fairy lights, dressing gowns, extra blankets – anything soft, warm and remotely hygge, I’m into it all
- Attempting to theme my Instagram. There’s something about a season change which always makes me want to start a new theme on IG. But no matter how many pumpkin patches I visit, it never really works out haha.
- And of course I get a year older. This year hitting the big 21. Yikes.
What do you always do this time of year?