When it comes to makeup, if I’m being truly honest, I could live without it. Soz for the clickbaity title haha! I’m more of a skincare girl than a cover up girl. But I can’t deny makeup makes me feel good. I also really enjoy the act of sitting down with it all laid out and getting to work! I never go for anything major, but sometimes just a little dab here, a quick swipe there and I feel so much better. So this is more of a, if I had to pick 5 products what they would be, rather than I would really suffer without them. If you catch my drift… embrace your face ppl!
So what would I pick?
- Eyeliner – if I had to pick between only wearing eyeliner for the rest of my life or mascara, I would hands down choose eyeliner. And in fact, quite often when I do wear eyeliner I forget to wear mascara anyway. I love how eyeliner can change the shape of your eyes, making them bigger, more awake. It really is so versatile. I’ve picked this Maybelline Ultra Violet Gel Eyeliner* as it’s something a lil different. I do love a bit of purple eyeliner and I think this could add so much to an otherwise very simple look.
- Powder – I take it back. I can’t live without powder. Powder was one of the first makeup items I ever bought and although the times have changed – glowy skin is the goal – I can’t deny my love. I’ve picked the Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot, but honestly any would work.
- Lip balm – dry, chapped lips are a definite no from me, especially in this weather. So I’ve picked this Labello Lip Butter* for super smooth, buttery lips. Buuuut, if I’m being cheeky, the Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain and Balm* is a single product with a balm and a lip colour. So I think this would definitely be a contender.
- Any eyebrow product – my eyebrows are very sparse and always need that extra bit of help. But anything would do the trick really. I recently purchased the Benefit Gimme Brow which is so quick and easy to use! I can’t believe I waited so long to buy it.
- Concealer – I love concealer. And I feel it’s all I really need or want to use as my base most days. Plus a little can make a big difference. My favourite is still the Nars Soft Matte Concealer which I wrote about here.
So those are the 5 products I would use for the rest of my life.
Okay so now I’ve written this list I can tell it’s the makeup I first wore when I entered the world of makeup. Stripping it all back to the bare essentials. And the things I could get away with in school haha.
This blog post was in collaboration with Toluna, a website where you can test new products by answering surveys. The more surveys you answer the more likely you are to receive products to test, which could end up being products you can’t live without! Like my eyeliner and lip products featured in this post. There’s a new product each week, all you have to do is check out the website and sign up. Not only this, but with each survey completed you can earn points towards other rewards such as New Look and Starbucks vouchers! Pretty cool! Sign up using my link here.
What can’t you live without?
Thank you for reading!